If you’re the adventurer type but you don’t afford to take long exploratory trips, then the next best thing you can do is to learn kayaking. A kayak doesn’t require a big budget and will provide you a lot of fun. We offer you our Lifetime Payette 116 review in order to make an informed shopping decision.
According to Sam’s Club, this Lifetime Payette Kayak is a “sit-inside” model. It comes with a comfortable backseat and a quite large cockpit. It’s one of the kayaks suitable for long paddling adventures. The Payette is designed for stability and safety. It comes with a stable flat bottom that features stability chine rails and deep tracking channels.
Design and Materials
The Lifetime Payette kayak is built of high-density blow-molded polyethylene. This choice of materials is making the kayak very durable, impact resistant as well as UV-protected. The front and rear carry handles and the 44 pound, lightweight design make the Payette kayak easy to transport back and forth the waterfront. The multiple footrest positions, shock cord straps, and an enclosed compartment with shock cords and a lid make this kayak a great option with lots of “extras”.
• The Lifetime Payette kayak is built with high-density UV protected polyethylene.
• The durable polyethylene will not crack, fade or peel.
• The kayak features a 44 lb. lightweight design.
• It comes with multiple footrest positions for riders of various sizes.
• The Payette kayak comes with a stable flat bottom and a large cockpit with seat back.
• The kayak features a sharp keep for tracking and speed.
• It comes with handles for easy carrying it back and forth to the water front.
According to Lifetime, the Payette kayak comes with the following main features:
• Constructed of HDPE
• Chine Rails for Stability
• Deep Hull Channels for Tracking Performance
• UV-Protected – Will Not Fade, Crack, or Split
• Large Cockpit with Seat Back
• Stability Chine Rails
• Easy Carry Handle(s)
• Paddle Keeper Featuring Shock Cord Straps
• Enclosed Compartment with Shock Cord Strap and Lid
• Multiple Footrest Positions for Paddlers of Different Sizes
• Stable Flat Bottom
• Sharp Keel for Speed and Tracking
• 5-Year Limited Warranty
According to Drowning Worms, it is difficult to pick up the best feature of the Lifetime Payette kayak because this is a very good entry-level model. It would be hard to find a better one for this price.
Two worst features of this kayak model are tracking and capacity. Both of them would affect larger paddlers more than smaller ones. Under heavy load you may experience more pronounced tracking issues. Most affected by the small 250 pounds maximum capacity of this kayak will be anglers who need to carry plenty of gear.
Why Buy The Lifetime Payette Kayak?
• This Sit Inside kayak model has many useful features that would make any kayaker satisfied. It’s built of high-density, UV-Protected, polyethylene.
• If you want to make something strong enough to be able to withstand various environmental conditions, this is the material of choice. It can maintain a decent weight and last for years to come.
• When it comes to weight, at only 44 lbs., the kayak provides a weight capacity of 250 lbs. Taking into consideration that this model is a recreational kayak, this maximum capacity is pretty good.
• The kayak’s hull features a quite stable flat bottom.
• The hull comes with stability chine rails and tracking channels.
• The kayak comes with a pretty large cockpit and a comfortable seat backrest.
• It also features foot rests for comfortable paddling experience.
• Storage is provided by a little storage hatch on the back as well as the shock cords on the front.
• Excellent performance for a kayak within its price range and in this class.
• The Payette kayak provides good tracking and speed, gliding easily through the water.
• Its hull is made for great stability. The makes the Payette kayak a great choice for beginners with little paddling experience.
• Thanks to its chine rails, flat bottom, and deep grooves, the Payette kayak can be used as a very sturdy fishing boat.
• The product provides excellent value at its affordable price point.
• This durable kayak mode can easily withstand rough conditions.
• Coming with a combination of well-placed carry handles and lightweight body design, it is easy to maneuver and transport this kayak.
• You can use this Payette kayak model on the rougher water, as you can easily add a spray top. A very convenient storage can be found in the sealed compartment behind the seat.
• The Lifetime Payette kayak makes a good choice for people just starting to kayak fishing.
Pros Of Lifetime Payette 116 Kayak
• This kayak model provides pretty good stability.
• The Lifetime Payette kayak features a lightweight design.
• The kayak comes with a very convenient storage behind its seat.
• The seat is comfortable for long paddling trips.
• The Payette kayak comes with an affordable price tag.
Cons Of Lifetime Payette 116 Kayak
• While this kayak model provides enough space for bigger paddlers, it provides a limited carrying capacity of only 250 pounds.
• For this kayak model, some users complain about the sharp cockpit edges.
• The Lifetime Payette provides inferior tracking capacity, compared to other similar kayaks.
• For taller paddlers the fact that footrests are not adjustable may be an uncomfortable issue.
According to the Kayaker Guide, the Payette kayak is not the best choice for hardcore paddlers who prefer adventure in whitewater rapids. However, for a beginner or intermediate paddler who just wants to enjoy a comfortable kayaking experience without worries about his gear, the Lifetime Payette Sit Inside kayak makes a great choice.
You’ll certainly not regret buying this excellent all-around vessel. Our Lifetime Payette 116 review gives this product an overall grade of 8.6/10. When it comes to the price we give it 10/10, as it has a very affordable price tag. For features, we also grade it at 10/10, and for quality, we grade it at 9/10. For design, we give it 8/10 and for stability 6/10.
We hope our review will be useful for you when it comes to deciding for a good kayak to buy. We invite you to share your thoughts on the product in the commentaries section below.